With less than a week to go, the North American Council on Freight Efficiency’s Run on Less – Electric is getting close to its exciting conclusion. The real-world electric truck technology demonstration, which was kicked off about two weeks ago at ACT Expo 2021, will cross the finish line in New York City during this year’s Climate Week.
The event will culminate in a live webinar hosted by ACT News and led by NACFE Executive Director Mike Roeth, who will share the results of the three-week electric truck technology study, including the amount of carbon saved if all North American trucks in four program market segments were electric. Roeth will be joined by a panel of speakers who will also give insight into how to take these results and help scale electrified trucking, including:
- Rob Reich, EVP, Chief Administrative Officer, Schneider
- Jason Mathers, Director, Vehicles and Freight Strategy, Environmental Defense Fund
- Michael Berube, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Sustainable Transportation, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
Leading up to the webinar, you can get up-to-date data from the 13 participating fleets that are putting these electric trucks to the test in real-world runs, and catch up on the Electric Truck Bootcamp webinar series, which wrapped up this past August:
- What’s Driving Electric Trucks?
- Charging 101 – Planning & Buildout
- Charging 201 – Power Management & Resilience
- Working with Your Utility
- Incentives for Electrification
- Maintenance, Training & Safety
- Financing the Transition & Innovative Business Models
- Sustainable Supply Chains & End of Life
- Global Perspectives
- Drivers and Electric Trucks
Register now to be there live when this real-world electric truck demonstration reaches its exciting conclusion.