Many states have or are in the process of developing requirements that their natural gas utilities procure renewable natural gas to meet a specific percentage or volume of renewable gas they deliver to customers. Watch this webinar recording to hear from state policymakers who are leading the effort to pass these renewable gas requirements and learn about:
- The challenges state lawmakers face in passing renewable gas portfolio requirements
- The lessons that can be learned from states with existing RNG procurement targets
- The benefits policymakers believe these policies and programs will bring to their communities
Upcoming webinars include:
- A Primer on Gasification
- Power-to-Gas (P2G) – Status of U.S. Projects
- How Renewable Gases Can Help Municipalities Reduce Their Carbon Footprint
- Strategies to Mitigate Wildfires Using Forest Biomass as a Feedstock for Renewable Gas
The webinar series is hosted by SoCalGas, Propane Education & Research Council, and Pacific Gas & Electric. Sponsors include the Bay Area Air Quality Management District, Bloom Energy, BP, California Natural Gas Vehicle Partnership, NW Natural, Shell, South Coast Air Quality Management District, and Southwest Gas.
The webinar series is co-produced by ACT News, GNA, and the Bioenergy Association of California. Endorsing organizations include Advanced Power & Energy Program at UC Irvine, American Biogas Council, California Fuel Cell Partnership, California Hydrogen Business Council, California Stationary Fuel Cell Collaborative, Climate Resolve, the Coalition for Renewable Natural Gas, Energy Vision, Fuel Cell & Hydrogen Energy Association, and Green Hydrogen Coalition.