The largest single deployment of battery-electric Class 8 trucks in North America to date, known as the Joint Electric Truck Scaling Initiative (JETSI), is well underway in Southern California.
This groundbreaking project will put 100 battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) on the road across the fleets of NFI Industries and Schneider National, helping to reduce emissions at scale and significantly advance the market penetration of zero-emission fleet technology. JETSI is the first battery-electric truck project jointly financed by California Air Resources Board (CARB) and the California Energy Commission (CEC), which together awarded the project $27 million. JETSI is part of California Climate Investments, a statewide program that puts billions of Cap-and-Trade dollars to work reducing greenhouse gas emissions, strengthening the economy and improving public health and the environment — particularly in disadvantaged communities.
With this large deployment of heavy-duty battery-electric trucks comes an equally large and complex infrastructure installation. Join this webinar to hear directly from NFI Industries on the lessons learned and special considerations for installing EV charging infrastructure on heavy-duty sites and how to overcome barriers to acquiring infrastructure for your soon-to-be electric fleet.
Watch this webinar recording to:
- Learn what it takes to successfully deploy — and charge — heavy-duty BEVs in your fleet
- Understand new strategies used to minimize energy pricing and integrate solar and energy storage
- Gain experience in how to make the business case for electrification at scale
- Learn how JETSI includes two separate fleets, each deploying 50 Class 8 battery electric trucks, for a total of 100 trucks, which is a significantly greater challenge than previous deployments but provides more lessons learned, to help more fleets transition to zero-emission operations
- Hear from California utilities on how to take advantage of their funding programs so you can pay significantly less for your EV charging infrastructure
JETSI is being completed in partnership with: