Join us on Wednesday, June 17 for the first webinar in the Renewable Gas 360 webinar series, brought to you by SoCalGas, PG&E, Bay Area Air Quality Management District, Southwest Gas, and NW Natural.
Several states have established visionary goals to reduce their climate footprints, with many striving to achieve carbon neutrality within the next 30 years—including California, Colorado, New York, Oregon, and Massachusetts. The achievement of these ambitious goals will be challenging.
In the “Getting to Neutral – The Importance of Renewable Gases in Decarbonizing Society” webinar, presenters will share key findings from the recently published Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) report, “Getting to Neutral.” Attendees will learn strategies that can enable states to accelerate their efforts to fight climate change.
One of the LLNL report’s lead authors will share an analysis on how California’s could achieve carbon-neutrality.
One of the report’s lead authors will share an analysis on how California’s could achieve carbon-neutrality by complementing the state’s ongoing mitigation efforts with negative emissions technologies that remove CO2 from the atmosphere, making use of the state’s natural biomass and geologic advantages. The first-of-its kind study—which documents how carbon neutrality can be achieved at a very modest cost, and using available technology—was the topic of extensive discussion within California state government, and spawned the introduction of multiple bills in the legislature.
- George Peridas, Scientist, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Senator Nancy Skinner, California’s 9th State Senate District
- Cliff Gladstein, Founding President, Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (GNA)
The webinar series will provide curriculum on the critical role renewable gases can play in helping states reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The Renewable Gas 360 webinar series, held from June 2020 through February 2021, will provide continuous curriculum on the critical role renewable gases—renewable hydrogen, methane, propane and syngas—can play in helping states reduce greenhouse gas emissions and achieve carbon neutrality.
Upcoming webinars include:
- Renewable Hydrogen Production Pathways
- A Primer on Gasification
- Hydrogen in Our Gas Supply
- Renewable Gas Supply
- Power-to-Gas (P2G) – Status of U.S. Projects
- P2G – Europe Takes the Lead
- A Renewable Gas Portfolio Standard (RGS) – Leadership in Other States
- Strategies to Mitigate Wildfires Using Forest Biomass as a Feedstock for Renewable Gas
- How Renewable Gases Can Help Municipalities Meet SB 1383 Obligations
The webinar series is co-produced by ACT News, GNA, and the Bioenergy Association of California. Endorsing organizations include California Fuel Cell Partnership, Climate Resolve, the Coalition for Renewable Natural Gas, and Energy Vision.