Avoid costly mistakes in the transition to fleet electrification. No matter the project size, a well-defined charging infrastructure plan is critical.
Join us for a two-part webinar series to hear two transit fleets offer insight into their unique experiences with bus electrification from both pilot and large-scale deployments.
Part 1: The Smart Way to Execute a Successful Pilot
Most transit agencies start with pilot projects to gain the experience needed for a successful wide-scale deployment. Patricia Carr of SolTrans, a transit agency based in Northern California, will discuss the agency’s experience piloting four battery electric buses, implementing a charging strategy, and planning for a zero-emissions fleet.
Learn key things fleets need to consider when executing a pilot program:
- Identify key decision-makers and team members to involve in planning
- Develop a realistic infrastructure timeline (and when to engage your utility)
- Choose the right external partners (vehicle OEMs, EVSE suppliers, engineering firms)
- Design for long-term infrastructure needs from the start to minimize costs
- Capture and utilize valuable pilot data to inform future deployments
- How to fit electric buses for unique depots and deployments
This is the first installment in a two part webinar series. Click here to watch the recording for part 2: “From Pilot Project to Large-Scale Deployment.”