In an effort to highlight those advancing natural gas as an effective and efficient transportation fuel, Natural Gas Vehicles for America (NGVAmerica) recognized eight fleets at its 2021 Industry Summit and Annual Meeting this past October.
The awards were presented to fleets from a number of different sectors including long haul, construction, public transit and municipal sectors.
The 2021 NGV Achievement Award Recipients included:
- Natural Gas Fleet Program
- AJR Trucking; a USPS carrier using RNG to fuel 37% of its fleet.
- Matheson Trucking; a USPS carrier with 95 natural gas trucks and 40 more on the way.
- Pac Anchor Transportation; a drayage carrier currently awaiting 23 additional trucks for a total 66 CNG trucks.
- National Ready Mixed Concrete Co.; which runs 89 natural gas mixers and 28 two axle CNG tractors with RNG.
- Natural Gas Transit Fleet Program
- Foothill Transit; runs CNG fueling stations that serve its overall fleet of 328 CNG buses.
- TransLink/Coast Mountain Bus Co.; operates the largest fleet of natural gas buses in Canada.
- Natural Gas Public Fleet Program
- City of Lake Jackson, Texas; relies on natural gas to fuel its municipal vehicles, making it the oldest public NGV fleet in the State of Texas with just over 50 natural gas vehicles
- NGV Utility Leadership
- Southern California Gas Company; more than 92% of natural gas trucks in California are fueled by renewable gas delivered by SoCalGas.
“We are genuinely proud to award these hardworking individuals and organizations for the work that they do and the communities that they serve,” said NGVAmerica Chairman Jim Arthurs. “Because of their contributions, we are moving to make communities healthier with fewer emissions through the increased use of readily available, carbon-negative renewable natural gas as a transportation fuel.”