Starting on April 20, the North American Council for Freight Efficiency (NACFE) and RMI will be hosting the Electric Truck Bootcamp, a 10-part educational series on electric trucks. The series will continue biweekly until August 24, leading to a workshop at the on Run on Less – Electric (RoL-E) at the 10th annual ACT Expo, which will be held at the Long Beach Convention Center August 30 to September 2, 2021. The RoL-E electric truck technology demonstration, which kicks off this September, is a three-week roadshow showcasing electric trucks in everyday operation.
The Electric Truck Bootcamp runs from April 20 to August 24 in a biweekly series.
The 10-part webinar series offers fleet managers, utility planners, policymakers, and other attendees insight into the current landscape of available and upcoming electric trucks, professional development opportunities for those at any stage in their electrification journey, takeaways and recommendations from NACFE and RMI’s most current electric truck research, and real-world testimony from fleets and other stakeholders across the electric truck ecosystem on key opportunities and challenges as they plan for future deployments of electric vehicles.
Electric Truck Bootcamp Topics
Each training will focus on a different topic relevant to electric trucks and will include presentations and Q&A with three to five subject matter experts, including:
- Bootcamp 1: April 20 | What’s Driving Electric Trucks?
- Bootcamp 2: May 4 | Charging 101 – Planning & Buildout
- Bootcamp 3: May 18 | Charging 201 – Power Management & Resilience
- Bootcamp 4: June 1 | Working with Your Utility
- Bootcamp 5: June 15 | Incentives for Electrification
- Bootcamp 6: June 29 | Maintenance, Training, & Safety
- Bootcamp 7: July 13 | Financing the Transition & Innovative Business Models
- Bootcamp 8: July 27 | Sustainable Supply Chains & End of Life
- Bootcamp 9: August 10 | Global Perspectives
- Bootcamp 10: August 24 | Drivers and Electric Trucks
The series leads to a workshop at the 10th annual ACT Expo at the Long Beach Convention Center from August 30 to September 2.
Attendees can choose to attend one, some, or all of the trainings, and those who demonstrate comprehension of the material — via optional online quizzes following each training — will have the opportunity to earn digital badges that recognize their expertise and which can be shared via attendees’ social networks. Badges are available for those who complete one, five, or 10 trainings. Participation in the quizzes and badging system is not required for participation in the Bootcamp trainings.
Register today and learn how EVs are shaping trucking future.